In case some of you need convincing, we’ve compiled a list of reasons to come to our event celebrating Mies van der Rohe’s 125th birthday.
10. Drinks by Lulu B. and ice wine cocktails by Equifera Icewine of Canada.
9. Pre-party! Our members-only reception starts at 5:15pm and features judging of our annual Mess With Mies sculpture competition.
8. The chance to purchase unique items like these gorgeous coasters and Mies van der Roast coffee.
7. Free parking! Also, easy access to CTA Green and Red Lines.
6. Awesome people-watching. Rub shoulders with Chicago’s architecture cognescenti, design illuminati, and future starchitects.
5. Custom-designed birthday cake from Tipsycake.
4. Insights from Wright auction’s Michael Jefferson. You’ll know how to score the good stuff and how to spy the fakes.
3. The chance to roam Crown Hall. When was the last time you hung out in one of the masterpieces of modern architecture?
2. Tickets are only 50 bucks. Or spring for our special-offer $125 ticket, and you’ll enjoy a one-year membership to the Mies Society at the Concrete level.
1. Every ticket purchased supports the exquisite restoration of Mies’ masterpieces on the IIT campus, including Carr Memorial Chapel.
Made up your mind? Go get your ticket! The party starts at 6:00pm on Monday, March 28th.
› Read more